*SPECIAL NOTE: Accepted poster abstracts are not required to have author representation onsite in Florida during the meeting as online/live-stream options will be available. All accepted abstracts will be published in the ACG Journal regardless of live attendance, and winning abstracts receive a $500 award stipend.
**Fellows are also encouraged to apply for the Fellows Travel Grant, offering a $950 travel stipend. Up to 13 travel stipends will be awarded. Apply before October 4th here: https://www.advancesinibd.com/fellows-travel-grant.
Thank you for sharing your IBD research outcomes with the healthcare community at the 2021 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Conference.
- Increase Your Research Engagement. Seize the opportunity to present your work to more than 2,000+ attendees at one of the most highly regarded IBD conferences in the field.
- Get Published. Accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology and shared on the Gastroenterology Learning Network.
- Receive Awards and Accolades. Each year the AIBD Scientific Review Committee recognizes the “Best Of” submitted abstracts. Winning abstracts in the following categories receive free conference registration and a $500 scholarship: Clinical, Surgery, Pediatric, Nursing/APP, and Young Investigator.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology and shared with attendees in the poster viewing section of the exhibit hall and mobile app. Only abstracts received by the submission deadline will be published.
Abstracts will be accepted in the following categories: CLINICAL, SURGERY, PEDIATRIC, NURSING/APP, or YOUNG INVESTIGATOR. Please indicate which category is appropriate by checking the appropriate box in the online submission system.
- Abstract submissions open: February 1, 2021
- Abstract submissions close: September 19, 2021 (11:59 PM ET)
- Abstract notifications for acceptance: October 4, 2021
- Abstract withdrawals deadline: October 15, 2021 (6:00 PM ET)
CLINICAL ABSTRACT CATEGORIES
C1. Outcomes Research
C2. Clinical Trials and IBD Therapies
C3. Procedures and Diagnostics
C4. Case Reports
NURSING/APP ABSTRACT CATEGORY
N. Nurses/Advanced Practice Providers
PEDIATRIC CLINICAL ABSTRACT CATEGORY
SURGICAL ABSTRACT CATEGORY
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR ABSTRACT CATEGORY
Y. Young Investigator
- Abstracts must be in English
- 9-point Arial font
- 500-word count limit
- Use a concise title in title case only
- List affiliations of author(s) as briefly as possible, with city, province/state, and country. The system can accommodate up to 20 total authors
- Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations
- When listing references, use standard and well-accepted formats
- Abstract content should be single-spaced and typed in lower case
- Abstracts shall be of original research and contain a concise statement of study aim
- Please include the following four (4) parts of your abstract:
- Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion(s). Conclusions must be supported by your results and summarized within your abstract at the time of submission. Results "to be completed" and/or conclusions "to be discussed" are not acceptable
- Incomplete abstracts will not be accepted
PREVIOUS PRESENTATION, PUBLICATION, AND DUPLICATION OF ABSTRACTS
- Encore abstracts will be allowed if they contain new data. You will be prompted to submit the original abstract as reference
- Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if they have been or will be published as an article (includes manuscripts accepted for publication) in either printed or electronic format upon the abstract submission deadline
- Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if they have been duplicated in any way
- Abstracts may not be submitted to more than one category
- Abstracts that have been submitted to the Advances in IBD Conference in previous years, and were not accepted for poster presentation, are eligible for submission but must contain new, additional information to be considered
- Violations of these policies could result in a sanction from submitting abstracts to this conference for the submitting author
POSTER ABSTRACT AWARDS
Abstracts are reviewed and accepted by the AIBD Scientific Review Committee. Each year the AIBD Scientific Review Committee recognizes the “Best Of” submitted abstracts. Winning abstracts receive free conference registration and a $500 scholarship to help off-set associated travel expenses. Abstract awards are given for the following categories: Clinical, Surgery, Pediatric, Nursing/APP, and Young Investigator.
COMMITMENT TO PRESENT
Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to 1) prepare an appropriately formatted abstract poster to showcase in the poster hall and/or online virtual platform, 2) be present in the poster hall (onsite or virtually) during receptions and session breaks to answer attendee questions, and 3) conduct an oral presentation live or via live-stream if selected as the winning abstract for the category (i.e., Best of Surgery Abstract). Failure to present, if not justified, will jeopardize acceptance of future abstract submissions. Only the primary author or co-author may present the accepted abstract at the 2021 Advances in IBD Conference.
The conference will withdraw abstracts upon written notification from the submitting author by October 15, 2021. If circumstances prevent onsite attendance, the primary author must arrange for the poster to be placed in the poster hall, presented by a co-author, and/or uploaded to the virtual platform for hybrid attendees.
IMPORTANT ABSTRACT DATES
Abstract Submission Deadline
September 19, 2021, 11:59 PM ET
on or before October 4, 2021
Abstract Withdrawal Deadline
October 15, 2021, 6:00 PM ET
Abstract Presenter Registration Deadline
November 15, 2021
Poster Display Dates
December 9-11, 2021
December 9, 2021
Poster Awards Ceremony
December 11, 2021
POSTER PRESENTATION DATES/TIME
Posters are to be displayed for the entirety of the Conference in the exhibit hall and virtual platform, December 9-11, 2021. Abstract authors will be able to address attendee questions live in the poster hall or via the conference mobile app if live attendance is not an option due to COVID restrictions.
Thursday December 9, 2020 5:45 PM–7:15 PM (Welcome Reception)
Saturday December 11, 2020 10:10 AM (Poster Award Ceremony)
POSTER BOARD SIZE
4 feet tall x 6 feet wide
ONSITE POSTER SETUP
Please check in at Conference registration. Your poster must be displayed in the poster hall 10:00 AM–12:00 PM on Thursday, December 9, 2021. Do not move your number or hang your poster in the place of another submission. Posters will be hung using push pins (provided on-site).
ONSITE POSTER BREAKDOWN
Please remove your poster at the conclusion of the Conference, by 11:00 AM on Saturday, December 11, 2021. Posters will be disposed of if not taken down by this time.
For questions, please contact the administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.