Imedex, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Imedex®, LLC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity enables a participant to earn up to 20.75 MOC points towards the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is Imedex’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC Points.
American Academy of CME, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
American Academy of CME, Inc. designates this educational activity for 20.75 contact hours. Please check onsite for pharmacotherapeutic contact hours.
Processing of CME/CNE Certificates
After the meeting concludes you will be emailed a link from Imedex, LLC to receive your credit certificate or certificate of participation. We will not be issuing certificates of credit or certificates of participation onsite.
Who Should Attend
This educational activity is specifically designed for gastroenterologists, hospitalists, internal medicine specialists, physicians-in-training, advanced practice nurses, nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants and other healthcare professionals involved and/or interested in the therapeutic management of patients with IBD.
Upon successful completion of the clinical track, participants should be better able to:
- Apply a multidisciplinary patient-centered approach to IBD care
- Assess the current standards of practice in IBD management
- Summarize the role of endoscopy and the various modalities used to assess patients with IBD
- Evaluate the expanding clinical role of emerging therapies in IBD
- Discuss the surgical management of IBD, including controversial issues that impact surgical practice
- Identify patient-related factors affecting IBD management
- Analyze challenging patient cases to identify alternate clinical approaches and enhance patient outcomes for IBD
- Describe key aspects of healthcare reform to preserve optimal patient care
Upon successful completion of the surgical track, participants should be better able to:
- Assess controversial surgical issues for IBD and apply appropriate post-treatment follow-up
Upon successful completion of the pediatric track, participants should be better able to:
- Summarize the role of diet in pediatric patients with IBD, including the latest data and recommendations for special nutritional therapies, probiotics and complementary therapy
- Plan strategies to manage contraception and pregnancy in adolescents with IBD
Upon successful completion of the nursing track, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss the multidisciplinary management of IBD to enhance patient outcomes