We invite you to share your endeavors with the healthcare community at the 2017 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Multidisciplinary Approaches to IBD Patient-Centered Care conference by submitting an abstract online. Submission deadline is August 15, 2017, 11:59PM ET.
- Increase Your Prestige. Seize the opportunity to present your work at one of the most highly-regarded conferences in the field to over 2,400 attendees.
- Gain added exposure for your work. Accepted abstracts will be published in the February issue of the American Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Share with your colleagues. Reception in conjunction with poster viewing encourages visibility.
- Receive an award or grant. A limited number of travel grants will be offered to GI fellows-in-training and nurses to attend. These scholarship awards are available to assist with conference-related travel expenses by providing 1) free conference registration and 2) a scholarship of $500.
Participants interested in presenting data should submit abstracts online by August 15, 2017, 11:59 PM ET. Abstracts are subject to acceptance by the Scientific Review Committee. Abstracts selected for presentation will be published in the February issue of the American Journal of Gastroenterology, and scheduled for oral or poster presentation. Only abstracts received by the submission deadline will be published. Acceptance notifications will be sent on September 15, 2017.
Abstracts will be accepted in the following categories: CLINICAL or PEDIATRIC or NURSING. Please indicate which category is appropriate by checking the appropriate box in the online submission system.
Clinical Abstract Categories
C1. Investigator-initiated Controlled Clinical Trials
C2. Investigator-initiated Uncontrolled Clinical Trials
C3. Pharma-initiated Clinical Trials
C4. Procedures and Diagnostics
C5. Epidemiology and Outcomes Research
C6. Patient Care and Complications of Therapy
C7. Clinical Case Reports
Pediatric Clinical Abstract Categories
P1. Investigator-initiated Controlled Clinical Trials
P2. Investigator-initiated Uncontrolled Clinical Trials
P3. Pharma-initiated Clinical Trials
P4. Procedures and Diagnostics
P5. Epidemiology and Outcomes Research
P6. Patient Care and Complications of Therapy
P7. Clinical Case Reports
Nursing Abstract Categories
N1. Clinical Education
N2. Clinical Basic Research
N3. Clinical Practice
Follow the online instructions
- Abstracts must be in English
- 9 point Arial font
- 500 word count limit
- Use a concise title in title case only
- List affiliations of author(s) as briefly as possible, with city, province and country
- The system can accommodate up to 20 total authors
- Use standard and well-accepted abbreviations
- When listing references, use standard and well-accepted formats
- Abstract content should be single-spaced and typed in lower case
- Abstracts shall be of original research and contain a concise statement of study aim
- Please include the following four (4) parts of your abstract:
- Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion(s). Conclusions must be supported by your results and summarized within your abstract at the time of submission. Results “to be completed” and/or conclusions “to be discussed” are not acceptable
Previous Presentation, Publication and Duplication of Abstracts:
- Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if they have been or will be presented before the 2017 Advances in IBD Conference.
- Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if they have been or will be published as an article (includes manuscripts accepted for publication) in either printed or electronic format upon the abstract submission deadline.
Abstracts will not be considered for presentation if they have been duplicated in any way.
- Abstracts may not be submitted to more than one category.
- Abstracts that have been submitted to the Advances in IBD Conference in previous years, and have not been accepted for poster or oral presentation, are eligible for submission but must contain new, additional information to be considered.
- Violations of these policies could result in a sanction from submitting abstracts to this conference for the submitting author.
- Oral presentations
- Poster presentations
Abstracts for oral or poster presentations will be chosen by the Scientific Review Committee.
Oral Abstract Presentation: Oral abstracts will be 10 minute presentations, which is the total allotted time. Therefore presenters must plan accordingly to schedule audience participation and questions. Employees of commercial interests are not preferred oral abstract presenters, but authors on the abstract who are not employees of commercial interests are eligible to present their data, if selected.
Poster Abstract Presentation: Poster presentations encourage interaction and exchange between authors and attendees. Detailed information regarding presentation times will be forthcoming.
A limited number of travel grants will be offered to GI fellows-in-training and nurses to attend the 2017 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Multidisciplinary Approaches to IBD Patient-Centered Care Conference. These scholarship awards are available to assist with conference-related travel expenses by providing 1) free conference registration and 2) a scholarship of $500.
The first author must meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Candidate must submit a well-written, concise, and accurate abstract
- Candidate must show original research of major importance in the field of medical/clinical Inflammatory Bowel Diseases conducted by themselves and co-investigators (if any)
- Candidate must show relevance of the work to a current problem in patients involving Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Candidate must be registered for the conference and present during the scheduled poster presentation times
- For fellows-in-training, candidate for the award must be in training in a recognized GI training program. Candidate may be asked to provide a letter of support from his/her Program Director indicating their eligibility for the award. Candidate may be asked to provide a letter of support from his/her Program Director indicating their eligibility for the award
Commitment to Present
Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if it is accepted. Failure to present, if not justified, will jeopardize acceptance of future abstract submissions. Only the primary author or co-author may present the accepted abstract at the 2017 Advances in IBD Conference. This conference does not provide honoraria for abstract presenters.
The conference will withdraw abstracts upon written notification from the submitting author by September 22, 2017. If circumstances prevent attendance, the primary author must arrange for the presentation to be given by a co-author. Acceptance of the abstract obligates the author to present the paper.
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017, 11:59PM ET
Poster Presentation Dates: November 9-11, 2017; Posters are to be displayed for the entirety of the Conference.
Poster Presentation Times: The Conference organizing committee has requested that all presenting authors (clinical, pediatric and nursing) be at their poster during scheduled breaks during the scientific program and during the poster reception, 6:30PM – 7:30PM, Friday, November 10, 2017.
Poster Board Size: 4 feet tall x 6 feet wide
Poster Set-up: Please sign-in at the Poster Desk between 9:00AM – 6:30PM, Thursday, November 9, 2017. Your poster must be displayed no later than 8:00AM, Friday, November 10, 2017. Do not move your number or hang your poster in the place of another submission. Presentations will be hung using push pins that YOU must provide.
Poster Break-Down: Please remove your poster at the conclusion of the Conference – 6:00PM, Saturday, November 11, 2017. Posters will be disposed of if not taken down by this time.
Virtual Posters: You will receive further instructions regarding submission of your poster via our web-based platform.
Important Abstract Dates
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017, 11:59PM ET
Abstract Notifications Mailed: September 15, 2017
Abstract Presenter Registration Deadline: October 20, 2017
Presentation Dates: November 9-11, 2017
For questions, please contact the administrator by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org